Opportunities to Strengthen Early Childhood Services, Programs, and Systems in New Mexico
The report, "Opportunities to Strengthen Early Childhood Services, Programs, and Systems in New Mexico" is the result of a special programmatic and fiscal analysis regarding early childhood services and systems in New Mexico. Though New Mexico is nationally recognized as a leader in efforts to improve early childhood health, development, education, and well-being, more can be done to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and overall impact of these efforts. This analysis:
- Describes opportunities for improving collaboration and reduced duplication;
- Identifies areas where blended funding could produce better service delivery outcomes and cost effectiveness;
- Identifies existing structures and processes that facilitate an integrated early childhood system of care in New Mexico;
- Identifies successful projects and programs that can be replicated; and
- Makes recommendations for action.